Re: carb stacks

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb stacks
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:11:59 -0600
The real question is "How the heck do I attach the stubs and the filter
housings on the same blessed threaded holes?" I am currently using K&N
elements on the stock backing plates with a custom plate to cover the
outboard end of the filters. Lots of breathing. One of our MG club members
but the new Moss supercharger kit on his MGB GT this Fall. I was
underwhelmed by the fact that it came with a single HIF44 carb and a tiny
air filter. Obviously adequate, but not the degree of overbuilding that I
would have anticipated.
I suppose I could use all-thread for the bolts and add a set of nuts to each
one to hold the stubs in place, but I was sort of hoping that someone else
had already engineered a better way.
David Lieb