Re: Re[3]: carb stacks

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[3]: carb stacks
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:36:57 -0500
As much action as most of our Spridgets see, you can safely run the air
horns alone without any filtration.  I have for years with my
Cosworth-powered '62 Lotus Super Seven.  There nowhere to put a filter on
twin weber DCOEs with the stock bonnet configuration.  I have run the 1500
engine for 4 years now on the street with many many miles in dusty
conditions and measure compression every year.  No noticeable difference.
All cyilinders read around 180 to 185 psi and are within 5 psi of each
other.

I hope this opinion helps out some.

Mike Carpenter