Re: make that a sprite mk. III?

Subject: Re: make that a sprite mk. III?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 06:32:52 -0600
Cc: "Michael W. Jose" <michaelwjose@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
It looks like your car was built sometime in August of 66. Your engine should
have a 10 CC prefix on it as well, if it is the original. The rust on your A
pillars, is repairable. Hell, all rust is repairable, if you have the money or
time to throw at it. If you will order the catalogs I recommended, they offer a
patch panel for those, for $5.95. If it is too far advanced the larger
replacement part is $19.95. Also, open the door, and try and raise it up and
push it down. Usually, when it rusts there, it weakens your lower hinge point on
your doors. This will help determine the extent of your damage in that area. If
your hinge point is compromised, that part is $29.95. I am willing to bet that
if you order any significant quantity of items, the three vendors I mentioned in
the other post may do you a better price.
I would also like to suggest you get a list of things you KNOW you need, and
start perusing eBay and collect them as they show up. Once you get going, you
may not have the patience to wait for them to show up then. While you are on
eBay, do a search in title and description, using the words "Terry Horler". He
wrote what many consider to be the definitive book on Sprites and Midgets. That
is where I got your month of production from. I sincerely advise you to get a
copy of this book. It covers all changes on all spridgets by chassis # and
engine #, and gives you some good photos of cars to use as a reference.

Brad