Re: Interior Panels

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Interior Panels
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:48:05 -0500
Cc: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
I use 3M #74 foam, adhesive for the foam on the later Sprites.
Bugeyes never had padding but you need it on the later cars with the
bolt heads and such. I have also used staples for the piping on the door
panels. I used a basic desk top Swingline stapler and whatever short
staples were in my desk.
For something close enough and durable on the later panel foam, I used
some extra foam underlayment leftover from a Pergo floor job I did.
It's about 1/8" thick, sticks fine with #74 and will not disintegrate
like foam rubber. Available where ever cardboard composit floors are
sold ;) Like Home Defect.
Hey, it was in the garage, easy to cut, and handy when I needed it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ