British Racing Green

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, "MG_Midgets@yahoogroups.com"@m1.name2host.com, "midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com"@m1.name2host.com, "spridgets@autox.team.net"@m1.name2host.com
Subject: British Racing Green
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:56:58 -0500
Hello friends,
My midget is painted a color that some call dark
British Racing Green.  I suspect that that is
just a way of saying, "We picked a color that
looked like BRG but it turned out a little darker
than we intended."  I write to you to ask if you
agree and to ask if there was ever a 'DARK'
version of the time-honored color.  I ask because
I want to clean-up the engine bay and plan to do
a little air brush painting.  If there IS a
correct color by that name, I'll just buy it.  If
there is not, I'll just do a little matching.  On
other cars where this has been an issue, I have
just gotten the Sherwin-Williams paint pallet
booklet and picked a close, if a little darker,
match.  S-W can then mix that color in an machine
enamel that works GREAT under the bonnet.

rick

Check out the new British Cars Forum: