Spridget Radio/CD

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Subject: Spridget Radio/CD
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:21:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@Autox.Team.Net>
Changing the channels must be a bitch to do. My arms certainly can't bend like
that. I did find that a low end Sonny AM/FM CD Player will fit in a Spridget.
The whole assembly is about 1/4" too long by the time wiring plug is attached
but I slightly angled the bottom of the radio console, didn't push it flush and
it looks just fine. I do like the speaker setup that is shown here. I mounted a
small set of tweeters from Radio Shack under the dash and a set of 6 x 9's in a
new plywood panel I constructed. Not that I'll ever hear those tweeters but I
wanted to load the front channels on the CD player. Just enough room so that I
can insert and remove a CD if the car is in second or fourth gear. Works for me.

Latest passion is audio is my XM Radio in both my car and S.O.'s car. Wow what
a great sound, no commercials other than on the talk/comedy channels and really
simple to install. With the lack of programming on commercial radio I
absolutely love it. The Roady II is small and just takes a few minutes to
install. One is connected via a cassette adapter( provides higher fidelity) and
the other via a built in FM Modulator. I can't really tell the difference in
audio quality between the two installations. 7 Jazz/Blues Channels works great
for me. Never a lack of something goos to listen to and it sure helps make my
130 mile daily commute go smoother. The first installation in my car was so
popular with my S.O. that I had to buy one for her car so I could get my own
car back from her.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH

Check out the new British Cars Forum: