No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:04:54 -0700
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/advice regarding a 1991
Mercury Capri. This is the first year 4 seat convertible using the
1600 twin-cam Miata engine. I'm not sure if the 5 speed is Miata or
something else. I've come across one that needs some minor work
(exhaust leak). This is the XR Turbo model. Is this car FWD? (haven't
seen it yet)

I'm considering this car for my daughter (19). Any advice on what the
weaknesses may be or what to look out for would be appreciated. The
car has 144,000 miles (which is not much for a Miata engine), though
it was supposedly been rebuilt. Body is clean and straight but the
top has a couple patched rips.

Thanks.

Gerard
--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm

Check out the new British Cars Forum: