Re: No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
Capris were built to fit a niche market, and as such were never really
solid cars.  Perhaps the biggest difference between the capri and the
miata is the engine is facing the wrong way in a capri.  but for a
daughter you maybe prefer wrong-wheel drive.  Older miatas are only
3-6k anyway and a much better car, how much cheaper is the capri?

id proly prefer a del slo over the crapi if given the choice.

--- Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/advice regarding a 1991
> Mercury Capri. This is the first year 4 seat convertible using the
> 1600 twin-cam Miata engine. I'm not sure if the 5 speed is Miata or
> something else. I've come across one that needs some minor work
> (exhaust leak). This is the XR Turbo model. Is this car FWD? (haven't
>
> seen it yet)
>
> I'm considering this car for my daughter (19). Any advice on what the
>
> weaknesses may be or what to look out for would be appreciated. The
> car has 144,000 miles (which is not much for a Miata engine), though
> it was supposedly been rebuilt. Body is clean and straight but the
> top has a couple patched rips.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gerard
> --
> One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
> ~French Proverb

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net