re: Reliability/Dependability

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "conan" <conan@intrex.net>
Subject: re: Reliability/Dependability
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 7:58:1 -0500
quite honestly there isa lot of truth in ocasionally taking a car out for a
bit of a spirited run or thrashing.  over the years i have worked on some
cars that were just beautifull but ran absolutly horrible!  why?  the
owners drove the cars so carefully thatthe carrarely warmed up or never saw
RPM's up over 4000 and similar restrictions.   a lot of carboning up or
"normal" range of operation.  a good drive out on the interstate from 1
exit to another and back usually gets a car up to temp, gets evrything
moving and dislodges a lot of carbon allowing the car to "breathe" and
while not restoring it, does to a  certain degree bring back some lost
performance.
remember, these cars were not driven like little old peoples cars when new.
yet restore one and you start driving like you are near 100 years old and
being super carefull to not "hurt" anything.   while you may think you are
preserving the car you may actually giving it cause to require an earlier
than thought rebuild.   not tomention what sitting unused does to rubber
bushings and hydraulics.

chuck.
same darn bugeye for 30 years!

> per Frank C...
> >>And never baby the car, all my problems are from the cars hardly driven
or driven by the females in the house. It's not their fault, it's the fact
that they don't "DRIVE" the car they way it was intended to be driven.

>   In other words, give it an occasional "Italian tune-up"?
>  Ed in

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.