Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversion for BE?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:04:11 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Lester Ewing wrote:

> Well, the bid is mine so now what should I be ordering?  What are
> normal wear parts that I might as well have on hand when the disc kit
> shows up and actually, what parts are unique to the disc setup?  A
> arms? Kingpins?

King pins are different between drum and disc.
Get new rubber brake hoses, don't even think of using the old ones.
Brake pads and rotors depends on how bad the old ones are. They might be
new.
Caliper kits and caliper pistons would be wise.
Repack the wheel bearings and replace the seals. (same as a drum set up)
New trunion and fulcrum pin bushings since they are already out.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ