Winter Storage

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Winter Storage
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:46:36 -0600
Listers,

For some unknown reason, after 26 years my garage slab decided to crack into 3
pieces this past summer.  This has allowed a lot more moisture to come into
the garage.  I am a little concerned about that for this year's winter storage
of my B and Midget.  I plan on parking them both on top of plastic tarps to
try to keep the moisture from coming up under them.  I was also thinking about
putting a pan of kitty litter inside each of them to absorb moisture.  Does
that make sense?  Other than putting a car cover on them, what else would be
wise to keep them dry?  Would it help to put them up on jack stands to allow
more air to circulate under them?  Any other winter storage tips?

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget