Re: Scratching my head Nov 2004 14:54:51 -0800

To: rscott213@comcast.net (Scott Family)
Subject: Re: Scratching my head Nov 2004 14:54:51 -0800
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:33:52 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
"Once I'm off the freeway, the problem
goes away"

Sounds like fuel starvation when demand
increases when the rpms come up, and
stay up.

Assuming this "just happened", I'd suspect
a failing fuel pump (under load) or a possible air leak in any rubber
tubing present...possibly a clogged filter or,
if you've got emissions controls and a
carbon cannister, a plugged vent line within the closed loop system.

With the emissions fuel system, there should be constant pressure inside
the
tank, I believe. So, you should hear and
feel this when you remove the cap.

Otherwise, there could be a vacuum forming in there.

I'm not up on emissions fuel systems so
if I'm wrong about the foregoing, hopefully
another lister better educated in this respect will pipe up and we'll
both learn
something! :):)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)