Bugeye wheel bearings

To: All <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye wheel bearings
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:32:56 -0600
I own a AN5 - Bugeye Sprite.   The front wheel bearing seals went south
and so I'm trying to replace both seals and bearings (since a roller
bearing also went bad).   I ordered the complete set  package from Moss
and received sets made in Great Britian and marked BRG Kit-FR S&M(DISC).

Catching the word "disc" and noting also that the outer bearing
furnished is ball bearing as opposed to roller bearing, I called Moss
and was told the ball bearing works just fine.   A neighbor helping me
noted the roller bearing is tapered whereas the furnished outer bearing
has a sort of step-down gasket to compensate for the lack of taper.

I again called Moss and got switched all over the place but never got a
definite yes or no answer.   By the way, I checked British Victoria's
catalog and they show the same illustration as Moss, which does not
really look like my hubs.

Has anyone with an AN5 used these new bearings?   Do they work all right
with the step-down gasket vs taper?  Or should I head to a local parts
house and try to match the old tapered bearings?