Re: Welding wire

To: Duncan Sinclair <duncan@pondhop.com>
Subject: Re: Welding wire
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:23:55 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm no welding expert by any stretch of the imagination. But my
"newness" to welding did force me to do a little research when it came
time to buying and filling a tank to go with my welder. At any rate,
apparently pure argon and 75/25 mixes (and maybe other gases) use the
same kind of valve connection, but pure CO2 does use a different one. As
shipped, my welder would work out of the box with the mix, but required
an adapter to connect to the straight CO2 tank. So not just sales talk.

Incidentally, I think I got a pretty good deal on the 20# tank I got off
ebay - some welding supplier. Can't remember the seller's name offhand,
but if you're interested I can find it. New tank shipped cheaper than I
could find anywhere else, online or local. Could choose which valve
(argon or CO2 style). Big seller, high rating, good guy to deal with.
NFI, just a happy customer.

HTH!

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"