Tranny Shroud

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Tranny Shroud
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:50:28 -0800
I've noticed quite a bit of engine heated air coming thru the tranny
tunnel in my bugeye. I've placed some insulation under carpet, but am
considering about a different solution and would appreciate any insights
or suggestions.

I am thinking of fabricating a metal shroud that would fit around the
transmission housing under the battery shelf, blocking air from entering
the tunnel and heating the cockpit. My concerns, however, include;

   1. Would blocked air flow increase the engine compartment heat too
      much? Overheat engine or too hot air for SU?
   2. Could the air be directed under the car - is this bad for
      aerodynamics? Cause turbulance?
   3. Is air flow thru tunnel needed for any other function in car? -
      can't think of any.

Has anyone tried anything similar? Results?

I would appreciate any ideas.

TIA,
Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA