Re: 1500 intake question

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 intake question
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:03:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David -

Let's see, you're comapring a pair of messed-up, clapped out SUs to a
new Weber.

I check the dashpots when I change oil (and they need to be topped up
about every 3rd oil change).  If the linkage is set up properly, it
shouldn't go out of adjustment.  On the 1500 (the car we're talking
about) the springs don't rub against the heat shield.  Unless you're
using a biased (spring loaded) needle, or the needle isn't centered, it
never touches anything, so how would it wear?

Still, I guess you're right.  I've only gotten 8 trouble-free years out
of the used SU's on my 1500, thus far...

Chris K.