Re: 1500 intake question

To: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 intake question
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:49:25 -0800 reply-type=original
Um, because SU's suck...  They are never in balance, the throttle shafts
wear quickly, the linkages go out of adjustment, the dashpots need oil, as
soon as the needles wear, the carb is out of calibration.  The springs wear
through the heat shield & fall off, sluggish due to no accellerator pump.
Hmmm, Weber, bolt on, start car, adjust idle, drive for 10 years, no
problem.  Just my .02.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/