New Car, not an LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Car, not an LBC
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:22:51 -0500
Since Diane didn't think much of driving the Healey everyday, she went
out and bought a new car.
2005 Ford Five Hundred.
And this is our first automatic tranny car since we got rid of the 68
Ford way back in the early eightys.
We both have trouble driving it looking for a clutch and reaching for
the stick.
But it's not a slushbox automatic, it's the relatively new CVT tranny.
It doesn't shift! I guess it's a 1 speed, sort of like a centrifical
clutch on a go cart. RPMs stay the same from 0-75 (that's as fast as we
went so far, we picked it up an hour ago.
Audi has had this gearbox for some time and it is a German box in the Ford.
All wheel drive since we got real used to that on the Jag.
The trunk will fit 4 bodys (8 if you stack em).

I personally will miss the Jag but I hardly drove it in 3 years.
If anybody wants a good deal on an 02 X type, talk to me. My lease is up
in a couple days and it goes back, I can buy it for about 10k less than
current market price.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ