Relays and heater valves

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Relays and heater valves
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:40:20 -0600 reply-type=original with any abuse report
I am not entirely comfortable with having all of the amperage for the
headlights running through the headlight switch and the dimmer switch,
especially since I would like to toss in some halogens. I have long
maintained that it was a shame that Lucas did not discover the relay until
it was too late to do any of my cars any good. I would like to use a relay
for my high beams, one for my low beams, and one for my horn. The wiring of
the circuits is not a problem, but I would like to find a decent relay that
is readily available, reliable (who wants their headlights to go away in the
middle of an endurance rally?), and with available wiring connectors.
Anybody have any favorites?

Also, I remember someone (Gerard?) specifying a NAPA part number (I think)
for a cable-controlled in-line heater valve. Somehow, I can't seem to find
the number in my archives. Anybody have that?
David Lieb
1972 Blue