RE: CA registration

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: CA registration
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:20:29 -0800
Cc: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Folks,

As I plan to put my Bugeye back on the road, I am renewing the registration.

Problem: I don't have the number plates. The car was a vintage race car and
I don't know where the previous owner put the plates -  He bought the car in
1972 as a race car (SCCA HP), detuned it and eventually registered the car
for the street. The plates got lost when he turned the Bugeye back into a
race car in the late 1990s.

I can get the plates replaced, but if there is a chance to buy and fit the
old CA "black plates",  I would rather do that. I was told if I can get both
front and rear plates which were originally on a car the same year as shown
on my Bugeye's registration papers (in this case, 1960), I can get the DMV
to allocate the old plates for my Bugeye. I have been online but find no
info about this on the CA DMV website. Any one on this list knows for sure,
or can point me in the right direction?

JLC in San Diego
---