RE: Part Identification Help Needed - Folding Top Frame

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Part Identification Help Needed - Folding Top Frame
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 10:11:55 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
To add to the previous note, I checked to see if the frame is narrower than
the MGB pack-away frame I also have here - oddly it is about the same width.

Someone asked if it could be an MGA frame so I thought maybe to spend a
bunch more time checking for photos on the internet.  It looks closest to
the MK1/2/3 frame shown on a couple of sites (checked MGA/B/Midget/TD/TF/AH,
Triumph), except mine has an extra bracing piece (but they catalogue the
three frames differently so this still could be OK).

It doesn't look like the MGA frame at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgccmga/technic/hood/MGAhood10.jpg

Someone indicated that it looked just like the frame on his '65, but some
subsequent comments shed some doubt.  Anyone else out there with a '65 (Mk 3
if I have the terminology correct) that can verify?

Thanks.

Bob
'75 Midget