Re: Media Blasting Body

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Media Blasting Body
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:13:29 EST
In a message dated 1/11/05 2:26:10 PM, charles.m.love@us.army.mil writes:

> I have left almost all of the screws and bolts in their original holes for
> fear that even with all the zip lock bags and labels that I could use, that
> something would get lost or forgotten or miss labeled.
>
> Question:  Do I leave all the screws and bolts in the holes or do I clean
> and blast with nothing in the screw threads

At least our painter/media blaster returned the originally painted nuts.
bolts, and washers from the body (don't recall any painted screws) removed
from
the car, clean, unpainted and saved in a ziplock bag that had our name on it.

Hope you are using some sort of cataloging system to determine which hardware
came from where, or you are likely to have a real puzzle on your hands once
the car comes back from painting.

Best of luck on the project.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"