[Fwd: Re: looks like I have to build another garage]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: looks like I have to build another garage]
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 5:30:33 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Why do these hot-rodders keep putting double-pumpers on cars where the vacuum
secondary is so much easier to tune and makes far more of a difference to the
MPG than the d-p does to the HP?

When I had my 68 Corvette I replaced the vacuum Q-Jet with a Holley 650
mechanical secondary. The reason was simple, the car had 2:73 gears and the
vacuum secondaries didn't open until 3,000 RPM! The holley opened up at any RPM
and gave it a good boost in power. Also, the primaries were smaller so the MPH
wasn't really affected unless you had your foot in it all the time. Made the
car very drivable.

Kent
1960 Bugeye

Your messages not reaching the list?