Re: Tranny and starter problem

To: cyrille@hp.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny and starter problem
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:35:30 EST
In a message dated 3/2/2005 8:58:52 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
cyrille@hp.com writes:

get the  flywheel out and file the "sharp" points?
- change the flywheel and pay big  boxes?

The list will confirm or deny this, but haven't I heard you can remove the
ring gear from the flywheel and turn  it over?  Maybe I dreamed  this.

Let me know if you find a shop that will work for big boxes as I can get a
lot of these cheap.

Robert B.  Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03  Beetle

... Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention  of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid  in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming --  WOW-- What a Ride!"

-Marcel Proust