FW: Vacations

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Vacations
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:58:28 -0600 j23MAmFt008899
I forwarded Glen's email to my wife because she had us planning a vacation
to Mexico a couple of nights ago.  This was in my IN BASKET when I got to
work today.  I hate this sort of thing.  27 years of marriage and she's got
me ALL WRONG!!!
JohnD

I believe that though you dream of such a vacation, for you, it would be the
vacation from hell.
You would get up in the morning after having stayed up until 2 am because
you could and forgot to go to bed.  You'd fight with Jeff who was not up and
didn't do anything and left his breakfast dishes on the table.  My car
probably wouldn't start and you'd spend an hour trying to get it running.
Then you'd start up the kerosene heater, go inside to let the garage warm
up, start reading the want ads and finally get into the garage at 1pm.
You'd realize that you needed a part at about 5 and decide to get up early
the next day to go to a junkyard.  The next day, by about 2, you'd find the
part in Saginaw so you'd decide to polish the headlights and wait til
Wednesday to really begin work on your car.  Wednesday you'd drive to
Saginaw and on the way, you'd see a yard sale of old farm equipment and stop
to look through them.  You'd make it to Saginaw at about 3:30, find the part
but not have enough time to pull it off the junkcar.  You'd manage to
convince the owner to stay late and you'd return home about 9pm ready to
start the next day.  The next day, you'd need to clean off the part - but
you'd discover that the parts washer isn't big enough so you'd go to Steve
Steebs where you'd have a cup of coffee, talk about racing and the project
you are working on and you'd get home about 3pm after stopping at Stadium
Hardware and admiring the shiny bolts and nuts.  Now you'd be ready to start
- as soon as you start up the kerosene heater and warm up the garage.  I'd
get home from work early and fix dinner.  You'd get out in the garage about
7pm and work until 11:30.  Of course, you'd be a bit tired, you would have
forgotten all of what you intended to do and so you'd spend most of the time
rereading all the articles you've accumulated to figure out why you needed
the part in the first place.  By the time you'd get to bed, you'd be
depressed because you only have one day left to finish your project.
Friday, you'd have trouble getting out of bed because you're depressed and
you'd have a big breakfast.  Out in the garage nice and early at 11, you'd
pull out whatever in the car and realize it was attached in five different
places and two of the five places were permanently stuck.  After pounding on
the parts, you'd go to Dan's to get a tool.  Two hours later, you'd be back
to pound some more - and then you'd break one of the pieces that you can't
buy anywhere.  Shortly thereafter, your vacation would end.
And I still love you!
Carol