Re: Question on overheating

To: "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question on overheating
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:09:13 -0600 with any abuse report
>   on one of my cars (not a Sprite, its Italian) I found that if I waited
> until the fan kicked in I would overheat unless I got moving soon.

That is interesting. Last year I installed a 10" Hayden pusher fan as the
only fan on my 1275. I bought the adjustable thermostat and set it so that
the thermostat in the water system could cycle on and off without the fan
kicking in, but as soon as it went hotter than where the thermostat opened,
the fan would come on. I have put some 6400 miles on this way and I am quite
happy with it. Never felt that I needed a manual switch.

It sounds to me like your unspecified Italian car is suffering from
inadequate capacity in the cooling system... radiator clogged or somethig
like that. Or maybe just suffering from being an Italian car. You did read
the owners manual where it said that this car was just for looking at,
didn't you ;-)

David Lieb
1972 Blue