Got the wheelbarrow tire on!!!

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got the wheelbarrow tire on!!!
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:45:27 -0600
Hello fellow listers,

Thanks for all the advice I got!  I got several along the lines of using
flammable material to seat the tire via explosion.  I'll definitely have to
try that one in the future!!!  What ended up finally working was the rope
trick.  I discovered that I was tightening the rope too much, causing a
bulge in one side.  I finally got the right amount of downward pressure all
the way around, and the tire set up just fine.

As for the house owning me, I've been lucky so far (knock on wood.).  It was
built in 2001, so no major problems as of yet.  I do have a septic system,
an aerobic one, so the state makes me have quarterly inspections of it.  I
hope this keeps a $20,000 septic system surprise from popping up in a few
years!  Other than that, the biggest hassle is keeping the almost two acres
mowed in the spring and summer.   Next up is an air compressor purchase, so
I can get my Sprite painted and back on the road.

Greg Gowins

Driftwood, TX

'69 Sprite