Re: Master cylinder bore: when do you throw in the towel?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master cylinder bore: when do you throw in the towel?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:29:19 -0600
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it was amazing how different it looked after
sitting an hour. I honed it with brake fluid, then cleaned out the bores
with brake clean. I can only guess that the pits in the botton half were
being hidden due to the shine of the wet brake cleaner, very obvious pitting
which are way too deep to hone out.  One side had a stuck piston, and I can
even see a groove caused by that, which I couldn't see before. It's pretty
rough.
Dan