Re: Fw: Pertronix Ignition - source of "power surge?"

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Pertronix Ignition - source of "power surge?"
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:07:49 -0600 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> Not a "save" at all, Kirk!!!

I will echo that sentiment. I have been running a Pertronix for the last six
years and I am very happy with it. I really do not see how a Crane unit
would be of any benefit whatsoever, since all that either device does is to
turn the current to the coil on and off. I installed a Crane unit in my MGB
and had trouble finding a place to mount that ridiculously huge control box.
Take a good look in your engine compartment and figure out exactly where it
will fit before you buy one!

Yes, I carry a set of points and condensor in my glove box, but I have never
needed them. One of these days I will change it to a spare Pertronix,
possibly when there is a Pertronix 2 for the 25D... they weren't making one
last time I checked.

David Lieb
1972 Bleu