RE: FOT Project Pulley

To: "'Henry Frye'" <henry@henryfrye.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FOT Project Pulley
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:22:47 -0800
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I thought about that, it's why I think it will take some testing. I suspect
that at higher RPM the pump isn't increasing pressure linearly, there's such
a big range of RPM that it operates over. There's a good chance the block
pressure wouldn't change. The easy way to find out would be to put a gauge
on the block and try it. None of the things we're doing are particularly
scientific, so I bet there's a lot of optimization room. If you decreased
the crank pulley size you might be able to increase the orifice size and
have the same flow and pressure for less horsepower. My water orifice is the
size of a dime, at high flow that's doing a lot more to drop downstream
pressure than changing the pulley size would.