New carpet installation

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New carpet installation
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:26:13 -0500 reply-type=original
I just got my new carpet set and I'm ready for the install into my Bugeye.

I would like to install it without using adhesive.  I hate to have that
stuff all over my nice clean pans and boot.  Having just last year
disassembled another bugeye for restoration I know how tough the adhesive is
to remove from the steel.  (Of course that set was in the car for 44 years.)
Is it impractical to install without the glue?

Any other tips and tricks to use?  I plan to put some heat reflecting foil
down too where I have room for it.  Also not sure how to use the small
attachment bits that came with the set.  I never had a Healey with a nice
interior  so I don't have any example to follow.

Should I make my interior panels and install them first or go with the
carpet first?

Thanks for the help.
Phil Nase
http://home.ptd.net/~nase