Re: New carpet installation

To: nase@ptd.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New carpet installation
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:01:02 EST
In a message dated 3/26/05 12:27:02 PM, nase@ptd.net writes:

> I would like to install it without using adhesive.  I hate to have that
> stuff all over my nice clean pans and boot.  Having just last year
> disassembled another bugeye for restoration I know how tough the adhesive
is
> to remove from the steel.  (Of course that set was in the car for 44
years.)
> Is it impractical to install without the glue?

My body man told me I couldn't use contact adhesive, and I mostly followed
his orders, the rear wheel wells being   the piece that just had   to have
adhesive.   I did use double stick tape on part of the floor, but that can be
removed with alcohol.   The main pieces have snaps to screw to the body and
the
carpet.   Is that the bits and pieces you are talking about?

it doesn't make much difference whether you install the quarter panels or
carpets first.   I like to put the carpets in before the quarter panels
because
the quarter panels then press downward against the carpet to cause it to fit
better.   HTH.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"