Bleeding the Clutch Hydraulics j42H57kI020077

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midget-sprite <midgetsprites@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Bleeding the Clutch Hydraulics j42H57kI020077
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 12:03:46 -0500
Got my new clutch master and slave cylinders installed (finally) and tried to
beeld the system with a Mity-vac yesterday. Several problems.....

1) Didn't check the size of the bleeder nipple before bolting the slave
cylinder in place. Unscrewed the nipple with two fingers squeezed into
the little access hole in the passanger foot well - it's 3/8 on the repop,
7/16 on the original. Surprise!  How the heck do you get a 3/8 wrench on
the nipple WHILE the bleeder hose is attached!!  (Even when it isn't, for
that matter!)

2) I suppose now I will find that I need to bench bleed the mastercylinder.
I finally got suction going through the system but it just bubbles away in
the Mity-vac reservoir and doesn't draw any fluid from the master cylinder
reservoir. Air leak somewhere?  Everything is as tight as I can get it.
Maybe I don't have the mighty-vac connection to the bleeder nipple on
tight. Who can tell? I can't even see the damned thing and am having to
do everything by feel through the little access hole.

I'd like to spend about an hour with the engineer who came up with this
configuration using a rack and a cat-o-nine-tails. Why couldn't they
have put the bleeder nipple on the bottom of the slave cylinder instead
of the top??!!

Cheers!!
Jim - fuming in Dodge City
--