Re: ALERT!!!!Fwd: New email address added to your PayPal account

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ALERT!!!!Fwd: New email address added to your PayPal account
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:44:25 -0500 reply-type=original
This is known as phishing in the IT world.  It is the practice of sending
out massive amounts of email, in hopes of catching someone with their gaurd
down.  I would contact paypal if you have entered the info in one of these
phish mails, as they now have your account name and password.  At the very
least log in and change it FAST!

We see these from credit card companies and banks as well...I get one about
3 times a week, most of the time I don't even have an account at the said
institution, they just hope they find someone that does.  Ebay is also
another one I get phish mails from.  Remember they won't ask you to
"confirm" your password, or enter it etc from an email.  If you think it
might be legit, you can always email it to "spoof@paypal.com or
spoof@ebay.com"  99.99999% of the time it is false.

Charlie
59 Sprite