Re: [midgetsprite] Travel Plans-Anything going on?

To: "DLancer7676@cs.com" <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Travel Plans-Anything going on?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:06:10 -0500
Cc: cbking@alum.rpi.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
David wrote:
> Course nothing, I mean
> NOTHING, tastes as good here as it does over there because everything over
> here is adulterated, pasturized, diluted, stripped of flavor, whitened, and
> decontaminated.  Even the eggs are not the same COLOR!!   And EVERYTHING is
> richer and fuller tasting.  We Americans haven't a clue as to how to make
> bread, after tasiting European bread.  8^)

A big *AMEN* to that!!  When I lived in Britain in the 60s I got farm
fresh, straight
from the cow milk, heavy raw cream, real butter, and straight from the chicken
eggs delivered to the door every morning Mon-Fri. I bought meat at the butcher
shop and fresh vegetables from the produce market or from a little man who grew
them and sold them in the neighborhood. Almost nothing was pre-packaged or
had preservatives in it and it all tasted wonderful - especially the
bread with fresh
salted butter on it!!  The cheeses were magnificent!!  No pasturizing
or preservatives
their either. Is it any wonder that more Americans suffer from hypertension (me
included) than any other country in the world?  In this country if you want food
that tastes good, you have to smother it in seasoning because without that,
everything tastes like warm, wet cardboard.

Cheers!!
Jim - drooling at the thought of English Stillton Cheese in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget