Re: Stupid or Just Bad Luck??

To: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid or Just Bad Luck??
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:37:17 -0700 reply-type=original
Keep in mind, the Lucas Volt Meter is slow to respond to voltage changes.  I
have one hooked up and it takes several seconds before the needle moves at
all, and about 1 minute before it is registering the correct voltage.  If
you just touch it to the + terminal and expect it to register immediately,
it won't.  They could be working fine, and you are not just waiting long
enough for the gage to show voltage.

Amp meters are dangerous and are no longer used on modern cars.  To work
properly FULL generator/alternator  current and all vehicle system load must
pass through a single wire through a hole in the metal firewall, to the
gage, and back out the metal firewall UNFUSED!  One short, and you have one
crisp car.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/