Cleaning up the spring boxes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cleaning up the spring boxes
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:35:32 -0500
I think they're called spring boxes anyways. The front of the rear springs are
pretty well packed up with dirt up on top, I'd like to clean the area out.
Wouldn't hurt to clean up the axle while it's out also.
What's the beat way to proceed? I have the body up on jackstands right now,
but the rear is support of course) under the axle. I believe I need to support
just the body, can a floor jack be safely used to drop the axle once I do
that? What is a good place to support the rear of the body without denting
anything? Do I remove the axle, then take out the springs? Any tips or
pointers appreciated.
Thanks Much
Dan G