Re: Cleaning up the spring boxes

To: Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up the spring boxes
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:20:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Dan Gillitzer wrote:
 > I believe I need to support
> just the body, can a floor jack be safely used to drop the axle once I do
> that? What is a good place to support the rear of the body without denting
> anything? Do I remove the axle, then take out the springs?

Use a block of wood on the floorpan near the spring boxes to support the
car. Or a 4x4 across the whole back side but just in front of the rear
wheels.
The whole rear axle is not that heavy, maybe 100 lbs give or take.
A floor jack will work fine.
Remove the springs first since you have to unbolt them from the rear axle.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ