Electric Fuel Pump on a 1500 revisited j4N12TBe010086

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric Fuel Pump on a 1500 revisited j4N12TBe010086
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:59:35 -0400
Hi,

Years ago I was going to put an electric fuel pump on my 1500 Midget
to get the engine to start sooner.  Right now it takes 10 tries if
it's been sitting a couple of days.

I just wanted to make sure I have all of the details correct.  Please
let me know if you can help me answer the following:

Do I need to completely remove the manual fuel pump or just give it
some help from an electric fuel pump?

I have a metal blanking plate to use if I remove the manual pump.
Does it need a gasket?  I have sheets of rubber, cork, and rigid
high-temp gasket material, which is best?

Where should the electric pump be mounted, near the fuel tank or in
the engine bay?  Also, what should I wire its power to?

Do I only need 3 or 4 PSI of pressure from the electric pump, even if
I remove the manual pump?

Thanks everyone!

John

1975 Midget