Re: Mercury ad (no LBC) HELP!!!

To: Allen Hefner <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mercury ad (no LBC) HELP!!!
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:20:41 -0400
Cc: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Allen Hefner wrote:

> I guess my theory about advertising differs a bit from Ford's.

Allen

We are too old to understand car ads.
Like the jap jeep ads that show kids heading to the mountains or
waterfalls only to whimp out and drive away.
This must mean only whimps buy this jap jeep! That's what I get out of
the ad. ;)

And another favorite is "Professional Driver on closed road"
So the car is only good for a pro driver but not on any *open* roads?
I am not a pro and all the roads by my house are open so I won't buy
that car.

What about the jeep getting blown out of a volcano?
The line "Do not attempt" must mean some really stupid people are
looking at jeeps if they are considering getting their vehicle erupted
out of a volcano. And does Jeep think these idiots will survive the
volcanic blast to seek compansation for their acts because they "saw it
on TV?"

Lucky me, I have a 2005 Ford Camry and I will not drive it, it's Diane's
car and she can't wait for her next 1988 Jaguar XJ6 Series III.
They finally made American cars with the same thin sheetmetal as the
asian crap. My Ford Camry dents if you look at it. It's also my last new
car. I miss the Faguar X type, at least it didn't look like a toyota, it
looked like a Hyundai :) BMWs look like Hondas. The new VW Jetta is a
twin to a Corolla, Mercedes are indistinquishable from any other car
anymore too.
And everything is plastic crap with no style.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ