Re: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:58:07 -0800 reply-type=original
Dan,

One other thing that will put coolant drops in that location is a leaky
thermostat cover.  Once the engine warms up and gets up a little cooling
system pressure, they can leak at the bolt holes(which pass into the water
channel of the head) and from the gasket surface itself.  The droplets end
up in the places you are seeing them.  I find this is more often the case
than a leaky head gasket.  For the thermo-cover bolts, I glop PermaTex #2 on
the threads.  For the cover itself, make sure that it is smooth and flat,
and that it isn't a newer aftermarket replacement.  They don't clear the
block and will need some filing to get a good fit that will compress the
gasket all the way down to a good seal.

Regards,
Glen Byrns