RE: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions

To: "'Dan Gillitzer'" <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: RE: soooon, will be running sooon!! Couple last minute questions
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:53:23 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Dan, You should loosen the nut before you retorque it. As you are doing this
one bolt at a time order doesn't mater.  Half a bottle of Bars-leak will
stop any weeping around the head gasket, or the studs and nuts.  I only use
ARP studs and nuts, they recommend that the stud be finger tight in the
block.  Use the ARP lube.  Did you know you can get the head stud kit from
www.summitracing.com for about half the cost of the usual suspects.
                Crash

It'd be more accurate to say that I am experiencing an external coolant leak
from the head gasket PRIOR to checking the head bolt (actually nut) torque
in a random/non manufacturer sequence,