Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?

To: pilotrob@webtv.net, healeymonster@fastwave.biz, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AZ and NM LBC-friendly?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:57:44 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 1:31:16 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
pilotrob@webtv.net writes:

"Of  course, the letter may have been the extent of the enforcement"

which  is good enough, actually.

Well, much of the problem here, as Ed will attest, is that we have a  high
percentage of motorist from another country.  The states have no  authority to
require them to have insurance, and there is no treaty agreement  between the
US and Mexico requiring insurance.

Besides these international drivers, you have a huge percentage of drivers
with no insurance and no license.

Enforcement by city police is stymied by the city attorney who tells them
when they stop a car for anything and discover it does not have insurance, they

are not allowed to have the car impounded and towed.  They just write a
citation and let the driver take off, literally still breaking the law. It's
like
stopping a drunk and letting him drive home after issuing a DUI  ticket.

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT

Deck us all with Boston Charlie, Walla Walla, Wash, and  Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley, Swaller dollar cauliflower  Alleygaroo!
Don't we know archaic barrel, Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou.
Trolley Molly don't love Harold, Boola Boola Pensacoola  Hullabaloo!