RE: A series motor build advise needed

To: "Wm.Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "'Robert Duquette'" <RobertDuquette@sympatico.ca>, "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A series motor build advise needed
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:51:49 GMT jAECsE9t004777
"even PPP agrees"

Oh...I am not questioning you...not at all.
You guys oughta know. You use 'em, Pete
sells 'em.

But your experience does mirror the same
sort of experience I had many years ago using a light Tilton alum flywheel on a
hot
street motor....a real learning experience.
And this was not a race weight....but street
weight (though much lighter than the stock
cast iron item).

However, while I understand my problem was mainly due to inexperience in making
a poor choice for the application
(hairily cammed street machine),
I am nontheless surprised you
guys with basically one "start" per race, would find a quality lightened alum
version
giving you more of a problem over a
quality lightened cast iron version. But then
again you beat on 'em in a different way
than the street machine for sure.

Evidently there is light....and too light. Or
maybe the quality just isn't what it used to
be, Tilton or no Tilton?

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog