Re: Jingle Bell Run, No LBC

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Bugeye <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, team-thicko@autox.team.net, MC-Members@yahoogroups.com, WCMC <wcmc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Jingle Bell Run, No LBC
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:22:58 -0600
Cc: Spec_Miata@yahoogroups.com, MidwestAHC@yahoogroups.com
Okay, here is the official letter from my wife, on the Jingle bell run

   *Holiday** Help *

*for the Victims of *

*Hurricane Katrina!*

 Hurricane Katrina was the most destructive and deadliest natural disaster
to hit the United States. The town of Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi, took a
direct hit  all homes and business were damaged and most were completely
destroyed.

 The men and women of the Bay Saint Louis Public Works department have been
working around the clock since the storm hit to get the town back on its
feet. They are the front line of defense during and following the storm,
clearing the way for police and firefighters to do their jobs.

 These public works employees have all been forced out of their homes and
are now living in FEMA trailers. With so much work to do, not only for their
town, but for themselves as well, and so few resources to work with, these
folks are going to need some help to bring some cheer to their families this
holiday season.

 *On December 19th, my family and I will be driving a donated truck and
trailer to this area to deliver gifts directly to the Public Works employees
and their families in time for the holidays. *

* *

*You can help by adopting a specific family or family member from our list,
or by donating new toys or gift cards for: Walmart, **Home Depot, Menards,
JCPenney, Sears or Old Navy. **(Bay Saint Louis businesses are still closed;
however these stores have re-opened in Gulfport, about 25 minutes away.) Thank
you!*

* *

* *

Please contact Peg Rousar-Thompson at 262-598-0834 (gravewords@yahoo.com)
for more information.**

* *

* *

Take a look at pictures of post-Katrina Bay Saint Louis at:
*http://www.pbase.com/dbphotos/hurricane_katrina*
Read about Bay Saint Louis' efforts to rebuild at:
*http://risingfromruin.msnbc.com/the_towns/*

**