Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE

To: "chuck" <cciaffone@earthlink.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:08:45 -0800
I recently experienced a similar problem with my Toyota Tacoma ... no
clicks, chimes or buzzers when the key was turned on. It was an intermittant
problem and luckily did not leave me stranded anywhere. The truck sits
outside all the time and, in retrospect, the problem seemed to occur on
mornings when there was a lot of condensation / dew.

The "trouble shooting" started with the most obvious and seems to have
solved the problem. Although none of the battery and ground connections
seemed to be loose or corroded, I took them all off and cleaned them up with
some 180 grit sandpaper that was handy. I did the same to the battery posts.
Everything got cinched back together and I haven't had a problem since
(touch wood).

I didn't put any dialectric grease on the connections but plan to do so
today.