Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Diagnosing Civic Starter Problem MORE
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:44:12 -0500
Don't know if this will help on your particular problem but I thought that it
is information good enough to share here. Some years back my wife replaced her
car's original battery with a Sears Die Hard. Normally reputed as a good
battery. Within a week it died so I took it back. They gave me another without
pause. A week later it died. It is very rare for two batteries to die like that
so we tested the charging system. It checked out good. The connections were
very clean and tight... WTH? We finally figured it out. The side mount
receivers were not as deep as the ones on the original battery! The connector
bolts would bottom out and not secure the cable well enough to allow the
battery to charge!!! It felt tight when I yanked on the cables but they weren't
tight enough. I put a washer under the head of each cable bolt and the problem
went away.

Just sharing odd mechnical knowledge,
Kent
1960 Bugeye
1972 Midget - Goner
1975 Midget - some day auto-x-er

Again, wot th" heck happened.

chuck (tearing out hair by the fistful) ciaffone