Re: FUSE question

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: FUSE question
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:42:02 -0000 reply-type=response
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I am willing to be corrected (and from the rather poor taste of some recent
posts - Madame Whiplash may be arriving!) but the way I understand things is
that an American fuse is rated to carry the flow of normal current usage and
an English fuse is rated at the current it will blow.  So a 10amp U.S.A.
rated fuse will blow somewhere in the region of 20amp(ish) but a 10amp U.K.
rated fuse will blow at 11amp(ish).
Some fuses are marked 'constant 15, blow 30' and this would seem to be a
15amp USA fuse and a 30amp UK fuse.
If I have managed to make this simple concept more complicated it may help
explain the reasoning behind the original question from Dan.

AND - seeing as how I've spent the last couple of days putting Christmas
decorations up in our local Hall.  HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all who hold such
future festivals dear and may peace win through to all.

Guy R Day
A-H Sprite  MkIV