RE: Sprites and Midgets and Translation

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Colin@SpriteParts" <colin@spriteparts.com.au>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sprites and Midgets and Translation
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:02:54 -0800
Paul,

"Bacon Buddy" is most likely a spelling of "bacon butty" (at least that is
what it sounds like when my wife says it) and is simply a bacon sandwich.

When I asked about spam fritters, she said "Ugh, they're disgusting, spam
out of a tin, thick sliced and deep fried."

However, my "Roger's Profanisaurus" defines spam fritters as "vertical bacon
sandwich, especially when served in batter."

If this doesn't clear everything up, I'll delve deeper into the world of
English Lexicography off list as I wouldn't want to offend anyone in a
family oriented forum.

Hal