F-ing Car

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: F-ing Car
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:01:37 -0600
Started working on the Midget today....

Intended to change the coil, wires, cap, rotor, and plugs.  Decided to
charge the dead battery 1st, so that I can start it before I change
anything.  The battery was so dead, jumping the car and using a 50 amp
charger wouldn't turn the engine over any more than 2 or three revs
per second.

Finally get it to catch with starter fluid.  Smell gas.  The goddamm
fuel hose on the fuel pump rotted.  Change that.  Keep the car
charging.

Get it to start again, and see lots of water under the car.  Go to
check, and a freeze plug popped out.  It hasn't reached freezing here
in 14 months.

The damn car has had more problems develop sitting in my garage than
in the 4 years of driving it.  The side view mirror popped off.  A box
fell on the trunk, the headlight switch broke, lots of spiders took up
residence, the rubber vent window guides rotted off, battery gave up,
master cylinder looks like it's losign fluid, tail light cracked while
pushing it via the taillight & more.

Any thoughts on why the freeze plug might have popped, and any
coincidence with the overheating that's kept it off the road in the
first place?

I need an OSHIT.

Later,

Mike